Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Incredibly Quiet Here

Happy 4th of July! There is a very strict ban on all things fireworks in Colorado, so it’s been eerily quiet all day.

Why I love running in Colorado: You get to see some beautiful wildlife, if you’re lucky. I saw these guys a few days ago. Today one ran across the path, just 10 or 15 feet in front of me! I was in awe, so I was quick enough to get a picture today.

deer while running may 2012

I did have a great run this morning. I ran for a total of 45 minutes. Not very noteworthy, other than I hit a PR!

I think I was able to run so well this morning for a few reasons:

  1. No kids. I usually take my 9 year old son with me, and sometimes my 7 year old daughter. The 9 year old does really good, but my daughter is even less of an athlete than I am.
  2. No dogs. If the kids don’t come with me, many times I will take one of my dogs. Both are crazy spaz cases when it comes to other people or animals. Not to mention, when I run, their energy level is like times a billion, so they’re just hyper and weird. I spend a lot of time trying to get them to quit pulling (something they don’t do while on a regular walk) or to not be so scared when a biker rides by.
  3. It was gorgeous! Not too hot. I think it was only in the 70’s when I got out this morning. It’s been incredibly hot and very rare for me to be able to run when it’s less than 80, even early in the am. Our days have been over 100 for quite a while now, without much relief at night.
  4. I found an awesome interval timer for FREE on iTunes!! It’s exactly what I’ve been looking for. I was able to run without having to stare at the timer on RunKeeper to make sure I was running my intervals correctly. The app is by Gymboss. It was incredibly freeing to be able to just run and listen for the beeps. I actually had a fall a week ago from watching the timer on my phone. Ouch!

running fail june 2012

I’m actually incredibly proud of this scrape on my knee. It’s my 1st running injury. Sort of. My Aunt was quick to point out that I had a similar accident about 15 years ago, when I was learning how to run so I could join the US Army. Only I gouged a hole in my chin, rather than a scrape on my palms or knees.

Yes, I am incredibly talented.

3 comments:

Storm, The Psychotic Housewife said...

Hehe, I'm just as talented. I had to stop running on wet ground because I kept wiping out.

Lin said...

Yeah....I just can't run. It's just...I dunno...hell-like. I'm very impressed that you do it!!

Fadjar said...

Sorry about the shooting incident at the premiere of Batman movies, may be given grit to the family who are victims of the shooting.

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
blog template by suckmylolly.com