Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Party Time!

I don’t do parties so much any more. I want to. I really do.

My anxieties and felling of awkwardness just make it pretty damn near impossible. I just feel so out of place when I’m in a group, whether I know the people attending, or not.

Getting drunk used to help, but not so much these days. I can drink a few drinks, at the very most. I think this is karma biting me in the ass for the countless times I’ve told anyone who would listen that, “I never puke.” Top that off with the wicked heartburn I inevitably get, there you have it.

I guess I’m just getting old. Oh well.

drunk2

This is me back in a time of excess. We would drink almost every weekend in my friend’s basement. I’m not sure what I was drinking here. Generally, vodka and OJ was our choice of drink. I would drink until one of my friends would hide the bottle. I could NEVER find that damn bottle….

drunk

Yep. Real classy. My friends were all a year older than me. Sadly, we didn’t get to hang out much after they graduated high school, so I’m guess I was a Junior here. Sorry mom.

drunk1

This was 1997. I was in training while in the U.S. Army. It was Christmas time and one of my dearest friends drove down to Georgia from North Carolina to pick me up. That first day we drank screwdrivers and shots in her dad’s hot tub. For a really long time. I was inebriated enough that she had to shower me. Dress me. Fix my hair and put my make-up on. Shortly after that I think I tried to hump her Christmas tree.

Well, shoot. I cannot find that picture anywhere. I will keep looking for it and share it with you. I’m sure you’ll get a good laugh out of it.

 

This post was written for BlogFEST 2012 and hosted by Jenn at Wine-n-Chat. It’s never too late to join us!!

2 comments:

Jenn said...

Our younger party days--the stories we can tell!! Thanks so much for blogging along with us in BlogFEST and for taking on my prompt!!

I'm looking forward to more!!

Cheers, Jenn

Journey of Life said...

At younger age, my husband and I love to go to party where we can dance.

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
blog template by suckmylolly.com