how I feel right now.
Just a short while ago I purchased my entry ticket to the 2012 Wine & Dine Half Marathon at Disney World in November.
I bought the plane ticket too, sooooo….there’s not getting out of it.
There are so many emotions running through me right now.
I’m excited, mostly. But in under that current of excitement is a bit of nervousness and maybe some self-doubt.
I never – in a hundred bazillion years – thought I would ever be signing up for a 5K (I’m registered for 2 of those already), let alone a half marathon. Just ask my friend, Carly. Just a few short months ago I was giving her props for running a half marathon, while telling her that I would never be able to run one.
I know I can do this. That’s what I keep telling myself. I’ve been training, and still have many more months left to train. I’ll be fine. But then there’s that little voice underneath all that. I’m too old. I’m too fat. I’m not strong enough.
It’s not fair that I allow myself to talk like that. The only way to get past all that is to just DO IT!! And that’s what I’m going to do.
Carly, in a roundabout way, made me do this. And I love her and thank her for that. I started running a little over a month ago. For the first time in years I am having more good days than bad. There are still many rough days, but the fact is, I just feel a whole lot better. She provided that encouragement and inspiration.
Wow. So anyway, I had no idea that this post was going to go there….I didn’t even realize there were so many crazy emotions swirling around inside of me until I was typing it all down.
Here are my plans for the months ahead:
- Summer Bash 5K Run – June 16, 2012 – Pueblo, CO (My 1st 5K!!)
- The Color Run 5K – August 11, 2012 – Colorado Springs, CO
- Step Out Walk to STOP Diabetes 5K Walk – October 20, 2012 – Denver, CO (Please consider donating to this cause)
- Disney Wine & Dine Half Marathon – November 10, 2012 – Disney World, FL (This will be the 1st time I miss my husband birthday – Sorry Baby!!)
- Disney Tinker Bell Half Marathon – January 20, 2013 – Disneyland, CA
I’m still working on more things to add, but I think this is a pretty good start.